The Schwinn Evolution Cycling Bike has a unique and futuristic design. The frame is made of stainless steel which is coated with zinc to minimize corrosion and make it last longer. The frame has a continuous design, which makes it more stable than other bikes. It has stabilizers on either side of the frame and this coupled with its Trapezoidal shape, which makes it even more stable. Despite this, the bike occupies a relatively small amount of floor space.
The bike has a 39 pound flywheel coupled with a resistance mechanism that is continuous. You can adjust the resistance level, through an infinite number of values. The bike simulates the feel of riding a real indoor bike with its gearing and drive system.
Features at a Glance:
- Stainless steel hardware that is zinc coated to make it corrosion free, durable and sleek.
- Trapezoidal shape and stabilizers make the bike even more stable.
- It is composed of one continuous frame which makes it more rigid and stable.
- The linear resistance change, makes the change gradual than changing between set levels.
- 39 pound flywheel designed for high inertia.
- Can be adjusted for any user who is between 4’11” to 6’8″.
- It occupies a fairly small amount of floor space; 50 inches long by 22 inches wide.
Comparison with Star Trac Elite Indoor Cycling Bike
This bike has a frame built to last. However, its frame is not as durable as the frame that comes with the Schwinn Evolution. It occupies a slightly smaller floor space and is 51.6” long by 20.1” wide.
Comparison with Star Trac UBI Upright Bike
This bike has a belt/driven generator that is quieter than the chain drive system, although it does not simulate the feeling of riding a real outdoor bike. It is slightly smaller in its dimension than Schwinn Evolution.