This is a belt driven bike which means it is quiet and suitable for use in an indoor environment. The belt is easy to maintain and does not need to be changed or constantly adjusted as is the case with some chain driven bikes. This bike is self powered and does not require to be placed next to electrical outlets.
It has one of the most sophisticated monitoring systems. The monitor will display your heart rate, calories burned, fit test amongst other details, so that you know what you are getting from the workout. You can set a race mode through the preset program if you need to challenge yourself further. It has an accessory tray that includes a bottle holder and reading rack.
Features at a Glance:
- Belt driven system maintenance free and quiet.
- Self powered system.
- Several preset programs to help you get started on your cardio workout program.
- Sophisticated message center that informs you of the calories burned.
- Can handle weights of up to 400lbs.
- Has a 25 level resistance and also includes a racing mode for those who want to challenge themselves.
- Self powered and therefore can be placed anywhere there is some floor space.
Compared to LifeFitness 9500HR Upright Bike
The Next generation is an upgrade as its name suggests and includes several new features and capabilities. For example, the Next generation bike has a higher user weight capacity and weighs more than its predecessor.
The next generation has a more advanced monitor and resistance system than the 9500HR. The Next generation version has 25 resistance levels compared to 12 levels that comes with the 9500HR. The message center and display system is more sophisticated with the Next generation and has more preset options.