The Lemond Indoor Cycling Bike is known for its quiet and smooth ride and is the probably the smoothest of the indoor cycling bikes. It uses a belt drive instead of a chain drive as is common with other indoor cycling bikes. This gives it an advantage over the other bikes since it is quieter. The belt also makes it easier to maintain than a chain drive.
The bike gives a wide range of adjustability. The seat and handle bar can be changed to an infinite number of positions to ensure that the user gets maximum comfort regardless of his size. The resistance and the brake system is designed to be easy to use and can be adjusted by simply turning the knob just below the handle bars.
Features at a Glance:
- Uses a belt drive which is much smoother and quieter than a chain drive.
- Has more levels of adjustability than other indoor cycling bikes in its category.
- Excellent brake and resistance technology that is easy to adjust.
- Powder coat finish that ensures it remains rust and dust free.
- Unlike most other indoor cycling bikes has a monitor (often sold separately) that displays RPM, time and distance.
Comparison with Spinner® NXT by Star Trac
Compared with the NXT the Lemonds indoor cycling bike is much smoother and quieter. The drive belt that makes it quiet and smooth also reduces the need to maintain it constantly. The NXT has a wide range of adjustability. However, the Lemonds has more options when it comes to adjustability and is likely to have the best fit for someone looking for a bike of just the right body type.
Most indoor cycling bikes do not come with monitors. The Lemonds indoor cycling bike has an optional wireless monitor that you can buy. It displays the RPM speed and distance and can be used with a chest strap to display your heart rate.