StairMaster Series 8 Gauntlet – The Series 8 Gauntlet StepMill by Stairmaster is a commercial-rated step machine with revolving stairs to provide a cardio workout experience to the exerciser of true stairclimbing. For nearly 30 years, the StairMaster StepMill has been called the toughest workout in the gym. Now you can bring that same toughness to your home workouts with the totally redesigned GAUNTLET. The Gauntlet StepMill is easy to recognize – it’s the piece of cardio equipment that looks brutal compared to all the others, with a revolving set of 8-inch stairs that closely duplicates the workout of actual stair climbing. Each time you mount the Gauntlet StepMill, the unit’s electronically controlled, chain-driven alternator precisely controls the pedal descent, allowing a wide range of users to exercise smoothly within their comfort zones. The resulting step range of 26 to 162 steps per minute will strengthen your legs, boost your cardio, and challenge even the fittest of users.
The StairMaster Series 8 Gauntlet offers the core mechanics of our previous models wrapped in a stylish look and enhanced functionality to create a next-generation experience. The Gauntlet offers plenty of workout options, with such programs as quick start, manual, fat burner, calorie burner, intervals, bell-shaped, build, mystery challenge, steady, and heart rate zone trainer. The console also offers a nationally recognized multi-stage fitness test that gauges your individual progress, along with a custom firefighter test (CPAT) that measures your cardiopulmonary endurance and muscular strength. (Firefighting is considered one of the most physically demanding jobs in North America, which is why the CPAT is such a natural fit with the StepMill.) Finally, with the LCD console it’s easy to track your progress thanks to the easy-to-read LCD display, which tracks your speed, distance, floors climbed, calories burned, and much more. As a bonus, the LCD console is designed to integrate with the optional MYE 15.6-inch HD Personal Viewing Screen, so you can easily keep up to date with your favorite soap opera or sports team.
Benefits of Using the Stairmaster 8 Series Gauntlet
- Increase Core Muscle Strength Using the StairMaster 8 Series Gauntlet requires simple balance but significant strength, more so than other cardio modalities. The simple act of maintaining balance engages core muscles with every step, building strength and endurance of this critically-important muscle group.
- Tone and sculpt your entire lower body Stair climbing on the Gauntlet engages every major muscle in your lower body as many as 120+ times/minute: glutes, hamstrings, quadriceps and calves. High repetitions are famous for building lean muscle and burning fat which results in toned and sculpted muscles.
- Low Impact The 8-Gauntlet makes you work hard without being hard on you. You can achieve high work efforts while moving at very low speeds relative to other workout options, minimizing the toll/stress on the body. For example, climbing at 1mph on the StairMaster Gauntlet is roughly equivalent to running at 6mph on a flat treadmill.
- Better than “Real” Stairs Climbing “real” stairs usually means you get to the top and then have to go back down. Descending stairs is much harder on your knees than climbing up because your muscles and connective tissues are being used as “brakes” to fight the effect of gravity, and you are hitting each step with more impact. With the Gauntlet, you get all the benefits of climbing while avoiding the negative elements of descending.
- Make 20 minutes count for 30 Combining so many positive effects (cardio, strengthening, muscle building, toning) in one workout means it takes less time to get the results you are looking for.
Burn Body Fat, enhance your lean muscle mass, and amplify your endurance! with the StairMaster Gauntlet
Building on 30 years of experience and proven performance, the StairMaster Series 8 Gauntlet provides a superior combination of cardio and strength training in our most comfortable design ever. The machine features a deeper, wider step surface with durable, rust-free polypropylene construction and is now available with all three smart, affordable, flexible, OpenHub™ console options. Its combination of quality and innovation delivers a workout that’s head and shoulders above anything else in the gym.
Train Like a Spartan
The Spartan Race community is as resilient as they come and so it makes sense that Spartan would partner with the toughest workout in the gym. The Sprint, Super and Beast are a series of challenging Spartan races held each year around the world. The Spartan Training edition of the StairMaster 8 Series Gauntlet lets you challenge yourself against other racers, offering 6 race options, 3 different race lengths and one hell of a workout.
StairMaster 8 Gauntlet Strengths Benefits
The StairMaster 8 Series Gauntlet has adjustable speed and resistance. Using it requires simple balance, but significant strength. Calves, hamstrings, quadriceps and gluteal muscles are trained by lots of repetitions, which is known for building lean muscle and burning fat. Additionally, increasing the resistance of each stepping motion adds challenge. Core muscles are engaged by keeping your balance, which is more challenging on the Stepmill than other similar equipment.
StairMaster 8 Gauntlet Cardiovascular Benefits
The StairMaster 8 Series Gauntlet is great for cardiovascular exercise due to its ability to raise your heart rate almost immediately. The level you set dictates workout intensity, but even at the lowest levels the heart is definitely getting a workout. Oneshot Fitness, a commercial fitness equipment provider, calls StairMasters “one of the toughest cardiovascular machines on the globe.”
StairMaster 8 Gauntlet Physiologic Benefits
The StairMaster Series 8 Gauntlet makes the user work hard without being hard on the user. The stepping motion incurs less impact than a treadmill, but with higher cardiovascular results. The thoughtfully designed handrails provide a safe grip should a misstep occur, but don’t allow you to cheat by leaning on them. The actual stepping motion forces the foot to remain mostly flat while climbing, versus the pedal format, which does not require the foot to leave the pedal. The stepping motion uses nearly every leg muscle.
StairMaster 8 Gauntlet Advance Options
Though the concept of stair climbing itself is basic to most of us, the StairMaster Gauntlet offers significantly more advanced options. The user can reap additional balance benefits by performing climbing backwards or laterally. Elite athletes have been known to add further challenge by stepping with weights strapped to their backs. Endurance is improved by consistently increasing the levels of speed and resistance on the new 8 Series Gauntlet.
The StairMaster 8 Gauntlet and StairMaster Stepper are legendary products that keep getting better over time. The latest product designs – from the look, to the feel to the amazing, new touch screen display – are easily the best in the company’s history, and these features truly make stairclimbing more interesting, more measureable and more motivating!
- Easy-to-read LCD console displays time, interval timer, level (1-20), heart rate, calories, floors climbed, floors per minute, watts, METs and workout profile.
- 10 programmed workouts include Quick Start, Manual, Fat Burner, Calorie Burner, Intervals, Bell-Shaped, Build, Mystery Challenge, Steady, and Heart Rate Zone Trainer.
- Fitness tests include Multi-stage CPAT Fire Fit Test and WFI Test.
- Revolving staircase with eight 8” (20cm) high, 9” (23cm) deep and 22” (56cm) wide steps most closely duplicates the workout of real stair climbing.
- Staircase revolves at speeds varying from 26 to 162 steps per minute.
- Smooth stepping action comes from the electronically controlled alternator with chain drive that precisely controls the pedal descent allowing a wide range of users to exercise smoothly within their comfort zones.
- Quieter step design improves fluidity of stepping motion and provides added cushion for joints.
- Ergo-bar hand grip provides alternative hand positions.
- Broad oval handrails are ergonomically designed providing comfortable hand support.
- Step–up assistant allows easy access to mount and dismount the machine.
- Dual oversized water bottle holders near the console allow easy access without interfering with workout space.
- Injection-molded plastic shrouding with darker, modern color scheme.
- Active “Hot” Bar for remote stop and contact heart rate.
- Polar compatible telemetry heart rate monitoring. Chest strap not included.
- Display Features
- Display Type: LCD Console standard or 15” OpenHub Embedded Touch Screen Console upgrade
- Standard Connectivity (either console): Bluetooth, ANT+, USB Port
- Additional Connectivity (15″ Touch Screen console ONLY): TV Tuner (Global), HDMI Port for video streaming via cable, Netpulse
- TV Compatibility: Yes, integrates with optional Personal Viewing Screen (PVS) with ATSC/NTSC Tuner
- Standard Workout Programs (either console) – Quick Start, Manual, Fat Burner, Calorie Burner, Speed Intervals, Custom Intervals, Random Intensity, Heart Rate Intervals, Calorie Goal, Heart Rate Zone Trainer
- Additional Workouts (15″ Touch Screen console ONLY): Landmark Challenge Program where users climb well known landmarks from around the world like the Eiffel Tower, Statue of Liberty, and the Taj Mahal
- Fitness Test(s): Multi-stage Fit Test , CPAT Fire Fit Test and WFI Stepmill Test
- Console Accessories: Reading rack, dual water bottle holders and accessory tray
- Additional Features: Integrated Service Light, Personal Fan
OPTIONAL OpenHub™ 15″ Embedded Touch Screen Console Advantages
- Entertainment: Browse the web or stream music and video directly to the OpenHub™ console from your own phone or tablet. You can also watch television on the oversized 15” embedded screen (or by adding the optional personal viewing screen to the standard LCD model).
- Asset Management: OpenHub™ can utilize various 3rd party asset management systems that allow facility operators to track equipment use and stay on top of maintenance. If your facility already utilizes an asset management solution, chances are OpenHub™ can communicate with it too.
- Workout Data Tracking: Personal fitness data tracking is available via Bluetooth connection. OpenHub™ consoles can push data to personal smart devices, connecting users with a world class data ecosystem.
- Competition & Games: Group Display functions can be used for a variety of competition and games. Bluetooth and Ant+ signals support data collection and display by 3rd party partner products.
- Club Solutions: OpenHub™ offer tons of features and solutions to meet the unique needs of every facility. The flexibility of the console allows for additional features to be added at any point, meaning you can get and pay for what you want, when you want it. No other manufacturer offers the affordable range of connectivity as StairMaster.
OPTIONAL 15.6″ Personal Viewing Screen (for LCD Console ONLY):
The 8-Series LCD Display is pre-wired to accept an add-on 15.6″ HD Personal Viewing Screen from MYE Entertainment. The PVS mounts seamlessly to the product, and an integrated control keypad inserts into the front of the cardio display for easy control. With the 8-Series, the PVS includes an HDMI port to support streaming from user’s personal device to screen.