Precor 954I Experience treadmill comes with patented Footplant Technology that makes the machine much more responsive, providing smoother running experience. The treadmill also has Ground Effects system for superior shock absorption that reduces impact force on joints and diminishes lateral motion. The console provides multi-lingual support and has seven workout programs accessible directly from individual buttons. Monitoring of heart rate is possible with touch sensors and telemetry wireless options. Entertainment options include an integrated personal viewing screen, and compatibility with iPod and iPhone.
Features at a Glance
- AC peak duty 4 HP motor with IFT drive controller
- Range of speed from 1 mph to 12 mph
- Range of incline from 0 to 15% with 0.5% increments
- 20″ x 60″ running surface
- 500 lbs user weight maximum capacity
- Patented Ground Effects system for reducing impacts on body
- FootPlant Technology for responsive and smoother operation
- 7 workout programs
- LED display with multi-lingual support, providing analysis of heart rate, workout summary, elapsed and remaining time, average speed, pace, user profile, incline, distance travelled, and calories burnt
- 4 hours of maximum continuous operation
- Touch and wireless monitoring of heart rate
Even though all three models have a 4 HP motor, the maximum user weight capacity in Life Fitness 95Ti is 400 lbs, and in Precor 956i, it is 350 lbs, compared to 500 lbs in the Precor 954I model. The 956Ti has the best speed range of 1 mph to 16 mph, whereas Life Fitness 95Ti provides 0.5 mph to 14 mph. Precor 954I also has the least workout programs of only seven, whereas Life Fitness 95Ti has 28 programs, and Precor 956i has 26 programs. The Life Fitness 95Ti model seems to lack the responsive technology that would provide smoother running experience, which is available in the Precor models.